Unless you have been hiding under a rock and far too many teachers do so. There is a UFT election coming up. The four UFT caucuses are "Unity", MORE, New Action, and Solidarity. In this round MORE and New Action will be nominating a joint slate. Regardless who wins, if the union loses Friedrichs, dues will no longer be mandatory. However, for the winning caucus to obtain my $1,300 dues they must first do the following:
- No top-down management where member interests are now ignored and even ridiculed.
- Making ATRs whole again, no more second class citizen crap.
- Show that its teacher justice and stop muddling the message with the social justice bullshit.
- Democratize all positions above Chapter Leader in a secret ballot. No more appointments!
- Require the DOE to honor the contract when it comes to travel hardships, reassignments, and rotations of elementary and middle school teachers in the ATR pool.
- Demand a fair and impartial investigation.