A wanna be screened high school trying to keep their academic reputation intact has been caught cheating by giving bogus online causes to jack up their graduation rate. The New York Post has exposed more phony credit recovery abuses, thanks to Susan Edelman.
The school is Winchester Square High School in the Bronx and it tried to pattern itself after the selective Brooklyn Latin. However, no Latin is taught and the school could only attract a thin vernier of academically proficient students. If you go to school digger you find that school doesn't do better the the District 8 average and well below the State. You get read that Here.
Here are some of the disappointing statistics about Westchester Square Academy High School in the Bronx.
- Ranked 923 out of 1,221 NYC high schools or the lower 25%,
- Only 25% of the teachers trust the Principal.
- 23% of teachers feel the administration clearly communicates with them.
- College readiness is only 31%, below the City average of 49%
- The majority of teachers are untenured,
- High teacher turnover.