It is the day after Thanksgiving and it is time to give thanks to the people and organizations that have helped me through some trying years and the ones that should disappear forever.
I gave thanks to:
- My family who supported me throughout my ordeal.
- The many teachers and bloggers who were on my side.
- My Chapter Leader who is was always there and testified in my behalf.
- NYC Educator who convinced me to start my blog.
- The union who keeps telling me "we saved your job". First, when I was in the "rubber room" and second while I am an ATR. Thanks.
- The many students that contacted me and wanted to testify in my behalf.
- My NYSUT lawyer who always believed in my innocence.
- The State Arbitrator who found no misconduct on my part.
- My ex-Principal who was canned by the DOE for his poor decision-making and Administrative skills but not before he made sure to charge me with phoney 3020-a charges..
- The DOE Office of Legal Services who failed time and again, to realize what a frivolous case they had but still managed to keep me incarcerated in thee "rubber room" for 1567 days.
- The "scumbag teacher" who met with SCI secretly outside the school and lied to them. Thankfully, even the biased SCI investigator realized he was lying and he now finds himself as an ATR and ostracized by the other teachers who know the story.
- Ex Chancellor Joel Klein who demonized "reassigned teachers" and ATRs by calling them "bad or lazy" teachers.
- The Mayor's poodle, Chancellor Dennis Walcott, who has not changed any of Joel Klein's failed and destructive education policies since taking over the position seven months ago.
- Mayor Bloomberg who has almost single handedly tried to destroy the New York City Public Schools and is ending up destroying his legacy as the "Education Mayor".
- The DOE and the Union leadership whom have allowed the ATR crises to exist in the first place.
- The fraudulent DOE algorithm which is simply a sick joke for the weekly ATR.
- The union's failure to allow ATR input in their failed, violated, and unenforceable ATR Agreements that makes a mockery of their advocacy for the ATRs and make them "second class citizens".
- Tweed's bloated Bureaucracy, Consultant contracts, and Technology, while they refuse to stop principals from violating the toothless "ATR Agreement".