I have been told that the DOE and UFT are so pleased with the ATR agreement that the.agreement will continue, essentially unchanged, till the end of the contract which is June of 2018. Yes, its true, our disconnected union leadership has basically signed off on the continuation of the ATR agreement and what does that mean to the ATRs? Let me count the ways.
- ATRs who miss two mandatory interviews are assumed to have voluntarily resigned,
- ATRs who fail to show up on the second day of a new assignment is assumed to have voluntarily resigned.
- ATRs who had two Principals accuse them of the ill-defined professional misconduct in consecutive years are subject to a one day 3020-a hearing.
- ATRs who get two unsatisfactory ratings by field supervisors, based upon "flyby observations" in schools with students they have little idea about, will be subject to a 3020-a termination hearing.
- ATRs in a district will be "forced placed" to temporary vacancies in other districts within the Borough without the right to refuse the placement.
- ATRs do not have mutual consent rights.
- ATRs are given reduced "due process rights".