A study was done using various factors, to determine the best and worst states to be a teacher. The lists are as follows:
Best States To Be A Teacher:
- New York
- North Dakota
- New Jersey
Worst States To Be A Teacher:
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- Washington D.C.
- West Virginia
- Wyoming had the highest annual average salary for all teachers,,public and private (adjusted for the cost of living) at $47,288. While Hawaii had the lowest $24,409).
- Michigan has the average annual salary for public school teachers (adjusted for the cost of living) at $69,439. While Hawaii had the lowest at $30,086.
- Vermont has the lowest pupil to teacher ratio at 10.54. California had the highest at 23.63.
- Washington D.C. had the highest public school spending per pupil at $25,323. While Indiana had the lowest at $6,673.
- New Jersey had the best work environment. While Arizona came in dead last.
- Massachusetts had the best school systems. While New Mexico had the worst.