The UFT contract easily passed with only school nurses voting against it. However, if ATRs had their own negotiating unit, they would have overwhelmingly voted no!
Why did ATRs vote no? Let me count the ways.
- ATRsa re treated as second class citizens.
- ATRs are forced placed.
- ATRs cannot refuse an assignment.
- ATRs are rotated without consent.
- ATRs have few opportunities to take per session jobs.
- ATRs are observed in strange classrooms.
- ATRs are observed by field supervisors.
- ATRs have no input in student grades.
- ATRs are discriminated by the DOE's school-based fair student funding policy.