“From time to time . we hear reports of teachers who engage in inappropriate, and sometimes sexual, misconduct with students,” Walcott wrote in a letter to United Federation of Teachers President Michael Mulgrew. "Unfortunately under current law, when these reports are true, it is left to an arbitrator to decide on the punishment.”.
Notice how the Chancellor assumed that the charges against the sixteen teachers where found to be true? While I cannot talk about the other cases, I will talk about my own on what is true and why the Chancellor is not capable of understanding the truth.
- Truth, the most senior and respected Arbitrator on the panel threw out a phony letter to the file back in 2004 as "unfair and inaccurate". Yet the Chancellor did not bother to include it to the media. when he tried to vilify me.
- Truth, A second Arbitrator found no "probable cause" that I committed sexual misconduct in 2008.Yet the DOE wasted over $500,000 in pursuing charges they knew were frivolous and also failed to include that information to the media..
- Truth, the 3020-a Arbitrator found no "sexual misconduct" after weighing all the "preponderance of evidence" in 2011.
- Truth, my Arbitrator told everybody that she was leaving the panel after my case. Therefore, she did not need to "split the baby" as the Chancellor and Mayor falsely claim
- Truth, the DOE failed to appeal when the Arbitrator's decision was rendered. If they were so sure that I committed sexual misconduct, why would you not appeal?
Here are some other truths that the Chancellor fails to, or is unable to understand.
- Truth, that any teacher that commits sexual misconduct is automatically terminated by the Arbitrator based upon the UFT-DOE contract Article 21G-6 pg 120. It states the following.
- Truth, the Chancellor claims that any SCI or OSI investigation that substantiates the charges, no matter how frivolous, is "proven".
- Truth, according to the Chancellor a fair and impartial hearing where evidence is necessary is not as important as a biased or politically motivated investigation and the bogus charges that result from them.
- Truth, the independent Arbitrators are jointly appointed to one year terms by the DOE and UFT and can only be reappointed yearly when both sides agree that they are doing a good job. Therefore, the Bloomberg/Walcott claim that the Arbitrators are influenced by the UFT in determining the penalty is a lie.
- Truth, the Chancellor practices a "double standard" when it comes to Administrators and teachers, see here and here.
- Truth, the Chancellor has blindly followed the Mayor's policy without question.