I do not expect any job offers this summer, despite the shortage in my subject area because of my salary, age, and the DOE discipline flag in my file, Remember, the DOE is encouraging the schools to hire the cheap, untenured, and young teachers since, for the principals it is not about what is best for their students but what is best for their budget. Yes, I will go to the customary job fair where I will have a reunion of the over 50 set and listen as we tell each other stories of our frustration in landing a position. I have already applied for twelve open positions and received no responses and I don't expect to receive an interview. I will not work summer school since I consider it "blood money", with no breaks from 8am to 1pm and Therefore, here is what I plan for my summer vacation.
- Relax, and enjoy the summer in my backyard hammock.
- Work on my garden and take bicycle rides in my neighborhood.
- Visit friends and go with my daughter to look at wedding gowns
- Go to the beach and swim in the water.
- Take a cruise to Bermuda with my wife.