Less than a month on the job, Chancellor Richard Carranza has already questioned the Renewal Program and the ever changing criteria used to determine if a Renewal school closes or stays open.
According to the new Chancellor, everybody he speaks to have a different idea what the goals are. Welcom3e to the DOE Mr. Carranza, where up is down and down is up.
The reason the new Chancellor is confused about the goals of the Renewal program is that most Renewal schools are overseen by failed administrators who were removed from their schools for various reasons. The overall supervising superintendent was Ammie Horowitz who has been refereed many times in this blog.
If the Chancellor wants to change the Renewal program he must do the following:
- Attract academically proficient students.
- Reduce the high teacher turnover.
- Encourage experienced teachers to apply.
- Reduce the bloated Renewal program administration.
- Stop making it a dumping ground for failed administrators.