UFT members are voting for the new UFT contract and while I will vote no. I can understand some people voting for it.
Let's look at the good:
- Paraprofessionals get teacher "due process".
- Paraprofessionals get a 5 and 15 year bonus.
- Teachers get less formal observations.
- Principals cannot retaliate (yeah right) against UFT members.
- Raises less than inflation. 2% annually vs.2.8% inflation.
- No increase in the TDA interest rate from 7% to 8.25%.
- Fair Student Funding still in effect.
- Charlotte Danielson still in force.
- Class size limits remain unchanged.
- Health care givebacks.
- No change in the ATR process
- The DOE will continue to waste $130 million dollars yearly.