Chalkbeat published the entire Memorandum Of Understanding (MOU) contract between the City and the UFT. Based on the MOU. Here are the highlights.
- Raises (2% per year) less than the inflation rate (2.8%).
- No change in DOE hiring policy that discriminates against veteran teachers
- No decrease in class sizes limits
- Charlotte Danielson still used.
- ATRs permanently hired will not count on a school budget for the length of the contract. Then what?
- Still two or three lists of ATRs.and the Scarlet Letter will remain.
- On the first day of school. ATRs will be forced placed in vacancies
- No "newbies" can be hired once the school year starts.
- Paras get teacher "due process" and an increase in longevity raises.
- Chapter Leaders can see a student's OORS report.
- Expedited grievances pertaining to oversized classes.
- Less observations for effective or highly effective teachers.
A searchable version of the MOU can be found Here.