Another UFT election is approaching and the pseudo-education group called Educators For Excellence (E4E) has, once again, decided not to run a slate of mandates, fearing how little support they would receive.
For people unfamiliar with E4E, this is a so called teacher education group that is simply a front for education deformers. E4E gets their funding from Bill Gates, and other anti-teacher union education reform organizations who's only purpose is to destroy teacher unions and make teaching a temporary position.
New York City has between 50 and 100 E4E members and less who are full time members. One of the reasons that E4E does not field candidates is they know how unpopular their organization is and would be embarrassed by their potentially low vote totals. Apparently, there is one exception to E4E's failure to join the UFT election. His name is Michael Loeb, a Chapter Leader in one of those E4E schools in the Bronx that are dominated by Teach For America "newbies". Mr. Loeb a national board member of E4E is running under the UFT Inspire heading and I will be interested on how many votes he receives.
While one blogger may be impressed by Mr, Loeb's tone. I'm not, and let me remind people of what Mr. Loeb and E4E stands for:
- Supports anti-teachers union organizations.
- Supports the firing of all ATR after two hiring seasons in a school year.
- Supports converting our pensions to a less reliable contribution fund..
- Supported Michael Bloomberg's elimination of "Last in, first out".
- Supports merit pay.
- Supports Fair Student Funding that discriminates against veteran teachers.
- Supports "mutual consent" that gives principals sole power to hire teachers.
E4E is a cancer in the UFT body and nothing about the organization's white paper on the UFT's 2014 contract changes my opinion. For more information about E4E read them Here and Here.